Everyone knows Ford Motor Company, right? And most of you are probably aware that Henry Ford started the company and that he was first to introduce the assembly line into manufacturing. But here are five facts about Ford you might not know!
- The signature blue oval, one of the most recognized icons in the world, wasn’t on the first Ford. It came out four years after production first started.
- One Dr. Pfenning purchased the very first Ford in 1903. The Model A could reach speeds up to 30 mph!
- Jim Morrison, lead singer of The Doors, owned only one car in his tragically short life. That car was a 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500.
- The Ford F-150 has been the best-selling vehicle—not just the best-selling pickup—in the United States since 1981.
- Henry Ford not only innovated the assembly line, he also innovated the way we worked in America by introducing the eight-hour workday. We’ll let you decide whether to thank him for that.