Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/12982516@N02/34323219845
It may not be space travel, but one new Ford vehicle offers something almost just as fun. The all-new Ford EcoSport is an extra compact, efficient, and quirky SUV equipped with the latest technology and modern engine options. The EcoSport is full of personality and promises an enjoyable ride every time, making it the perfect partner for the highly-anticipated Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, which debuted May 5th.
Fans of the Marvel movie can expect to see the new Ford EcoSport make an appearance in this funny, charming sequel. The EcoSport will be on screen alongside Gamora, Groot, Star-Lord, and other favorite characters from the franchise. The gang also made an appearance in a limited edition comic book alongside the EcoSport.
To celebrate the EcoSport’s abundant personality, fans can even log on to Marvel.com/EcoSport to play around with the 10 different colors, ambient lighting options, and even a cool Guardian Building tool that features multiple Guardians of the Galaxy customizations.
The new Ford EcoSport will features a choice between the 1.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost® engine and the 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, plus tons of available gadgets like SYNC® 3 and a Wi-Fi hotspot. The Ford EcoSport will be available at Palmetto Ford Lincoln and other dealerships in spring of 2018. Until then, head to local theatres to see this SUV star in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
Auto and off-road enthusiasts alike have been clamoring for the return of the Ford Bronco and Ranger and now it looks like they’re getting their wish. The American automaker officially announced that the two models will return to the United States at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show. While there aren’t many details to go on, Ford did provide some information to put the rumors to rest.
The new Ford Bronco and Ranger will both be produced at the Michigan Assembly Plant. The Bronco is expected to arrive in 2020, preceded by the Ranger pickup in 2019. The Ford Ranger is currently sold in markets outside of the United States, making it likely we’ll receive the new generation when it arrives. Both vehicles will ride on a shared body-on-frame platform to create a mid-size truck and SUV.
Ford brought more news to the Detroit Auto Show though. The automaker revealed a refreshed F-150 and gave more details on 13 new vehicles, including a hybrid model of the Mustang pony car.
The brand also renewed its plans to become a mobility company, citing partnerships with ride-sharing services, as well as plans to develop autonomous vehicles.
We here at Palmetto Ford Lincoln can’t wait for the official reveal of the new Ford Bronco and Ranger!
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, November is the perfect month to be thankful. So, why not be thankful for a Ford truck? Ford has a long legacy of offering dependable and unbeatable capabilities, making it the best-selling pickup truck for decades. This means there are many reasons why this brand’s truck should be the top on your list of choices. Here are just a few reasons why you should be thankful for your Ford truck.
- Unbeatable power. No matter the type of power you need, Ford trucks has an engine option for you. There are four engine types available, including a 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 for better gas mileage, a 5.0-liter V8 for pure power, a 3.5-liter V6, or a 3.7-liter V6. Each of these engines has horsepower ranging from 282 hp to a whopping 385 hp.
- Better fuel efficiency. The Ford F-150 might be a full-size pickup, but it still offers some of the best fuel economy ratings in the business. The Ford F-150 scored an average of 26 highway and 19 mpg city with the EcoBoost engine. While this number fluctuates depending on the weight of the load you are carrying, it is still an impressive number in this segment.
- Parallel parking made easy. Parallel parking a pickup truck—especially one as large as the F-150—can be difficult, but Ford makes it a bit easier with its Parallel Parking Assist system. This available technology helps detect open parking spots as the truck drive past, and helps turn the wheel so the driver can get into the spot with ease. The F-150 is the only truck to offer this easy-to-use tech.
- Luxury interiors. A pickup truck might be built for hauling and towing, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be luxurious. The Ford F-150’s Lariat and Platinum trim levels are the perfect example of this. Each of these trims has a slew of luxurious features, including adaptive cruise control, leather seats, and innovative safety features.
5. Top-notch safety ratings. The F-150 has earned the highest possible five-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). It has also earned the highest “Good” rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) for all its Top Safety Pick standards.
If you ever have any questions about Ford Trucks or anything relating to cars in general, just contact us at Palmetto Ford in Charleston, SC and we can help you out!
So far, 2016 has been an excellent year for the automotive industry, and the month of March was no exception. March sales were particularly strong for Ford, who even managed to beat its main competition: GM.
In fact, sales for Ford in the United States rose by eight percent, selling 254,711 units, while GM sales only managed to increase by less than one percent. Ford’s luxury Lincoln brand also saw a huge rise in sales, increasing by more than 11 percent.
Specifically, reports say that 37 percent of Ford’s impressive sales were to rental companies, government agencies, and commercial businesses, as companies across the country embrace Ford’s expansive commercial vehicle options.
Here at Palmetto Ford Lincoln, we have to say that we’re not exactly surprised about the March Ford sales. The Ford lineup is currently stronger than ever, with a long list of versatile vehicles. To learn more or explore our selection, visit us anytime!
One of the most irritating aspects of driving in the city is the constant potholes in the road. These potholes aren’t just annoying, either. They can cause your vehicle some serious damage, as well. If only there was a way to reduce the trouble potholes cause. Fortunately, Ford has the answer!
According to a Ford press release, the 2017 Ford Fusion will include a system for pothole protection.
The system included with the V6 Sport trim of the new Ford Fusion uses computer-controlled shock absorption technology to reduce the damage that potholes cause.
The 2017 Ford Fusion will be the first vehicle in its class to include this pothole protection technology.
“The new Fusion V6 Sport substantially reduces the harsh impact potholes often deliver,” says Jason Michener, Ford continuously controlled damping engineering expert. “Our new pothole mitigation technology works by actually detecting potholes and ‘catching’ the car’s wheel before it has a chance to drop all the way into the pothole.”
For all the potholes life throws your way, Ford is there to help out!
Oh look at that! Congrats!
The United Auto Workers union has been hard at work negotiating new contracts with Detroit automakers. Among them, Ford has finished negotiations and the majority of union members have approved a contract. That puts Ford in an excellent position to push forward with investments in new products over the next few years.
The new contract puts tensions among workers and employers at ease. Set to expire in four years’ time, the new UAW-Ford contract was the last to be approved as the union wanted to focus on one automaker at a time. Fiat Chrysler and General Motors have already had their contracts approved.
The total tallies were close. 51% of UAW production members voted to approve the new contract. 52% of skilled trade workers voted for approval as well. The vast majority of salaried workers, 92%, voted for approval as well.
The turning point came from the Dearborn Truck Plant workers. 74% of the 4,300 workers voted in favor of the UAV-Ford contract.
“Our UAW members have ratified the national agreement after a long process and much debate,” said Dennis Williams, UAW President. “The voice of the majority has secured a strong future that will provide job security and economic stability for themselves and their families.”
Here at Palmetto Ford, we can’t wait to see what the future holds now that everything is locked in!